The 19-story, 615,000 square foot building consolidates the majority of VCU Massey Cancer Center’s outpatient services on the downtown medical campus and houses a variety of outpatient clinics currently at the Ambulatory Care Center, North Hospital and Nelson Clinic. The new outpatient pavilion includes a 425,000-square-foot parking deck with more than 1,000 spaces, increasing patient and visitor parking options at the point of service.
Our VCU Health Adult Outpatient Pavilion was built with patients in mind. During its design, patient access, comfort and conveniences were all of the utmost importance. Features include:
- Plentiful and convenient parking, with easy elevator access direct to your destination
- A wide array of outpatient clinics, including women services, all in the building
- Easy access to VCU Massey Cancer Center's outpatient care, including clinics, infusion and radiation oncology, for patients and family members
- Co-located services to ensure efficiency and collaboration between specialties
- Convenient diagnostic testing, with on-site laboratory and medical imaging services
- Healing and welcoming spaces to comfort patients and families
Project Status: Completed in December 2021
Location: South side of Leigh Street, between 10th and 11th streets
Estimated Cost: $383.9 million
Where it is on the Six-Year Capital Plan: Not applicable. This is a VCU Health System facility and is approved by the health system's Board of Directors. The Six-Year Capital Plan pertains to university facilities only.
Funding Source: VCU Health System Authority
Primary Consultants: Hourigan (Construction Manager), HDR (Architect), JLL (Program Manager)
We want to hear from you!
If you have questions or feedback about this project or the ONE VCU Master Plan